Also know as immersion blender, a hand blender is a great alternative to traditional blenders and food blenders. They are compact, ease to use and lightweight. The motor is housed in the upper section of the blender while the removable attachments fit in the lower or bottom part of the gadget.
Finding the best hand blender in India can do away the need to set up a bulky food processor. It also saves time cleaning up the hand blender after use. You do not dirty too many pots, pans or jars, as it is possible to directly immerse the blender into the container. Unlike food processors, it is possible to use a hand blender to blend small quantities of ingredients to perfection.
When choosing the best hand blender, it is essential you dig deep to find the key features of the hand blender to make an informed purchase decision.
Our Top Pick
Here are reviews of some of the best hand blenders in India along with a buying guide to help you select one from this curated listed.
Top 5 Hand Blender Reviews
Black + Decker BXBL6001IN 600-Watt Hand Blender
The Black + Decker hand blender makes it easy to blend, whip, chop and puree. Its 600-watt motor is powerful to get the task done within a few seconds. The variable speed makes it easy and quick to chop, blend and puree ingredients while the stainless steel blade is sharp and efficient.
The stainless steel shaft is detachable and can be cleaned under running water without worrying about damage to the motor. Its compact size allows you to store it in the kitchen cabinet after separating the shaft.
While it is an outstanding hand blender, it can be noisy. So, people who are sensitive to loud noises will not appreciate this hand blender. Nonetheless, its efficiency and warranty make it a worthwhile investment.
- 600-watt energy efficient and powerful motor
- Variable 8-speed controller
- Stainless steel blade
- Detachable shaft
- Two-year warranty
- Comes with a whisk, chopper and measuring beaker (500ml)
- Lightweight and easy to store
- Intuitive operation
- Noisy operation
- Locking mechanism is a bit tricky
Inalsa Hand Blender Robot INOX 1000 800-Watt
Inalsa Hand Blender Robot INOX1000 has made it to the list of the best hand blender as it makes blending easy. It comes with a lightweight design and the sharp stainless steel blade work effortlessly to make purees for soups and sauces, prepare baby food and blend delicious smoothies.
It comes with a hand blender, whisk, chopper and measuring cup. The body and shaft are stainless; and the shaft is detachable for easy cleaning. With variable speed controller and two years warranty, the Inalsa electric hand blender is a must-have appliance in the kitchen.
It comes with an ergonomic design that does not tire the hand while gripping the blender. The powerful motor functions seamlessly to chop veggies, make purees, and blend smoothies and shakes. It has a solid build that makes it long-lasting.
You may get a little disappointed by the chopping jar, which is not manufactured from top-quality material. Also, the power switch can start giving trouble after a few months’ of regular use. Other than these drawbacks, we did not find anything amiss with the hand blender, making it a worthwhile investment.
- 800-Watt motor
- Variable speed controller
- Comes with a chopper and whisk
- Two-year warranty
- 600ml multipurpose jar
- Hanging loop to hang anywhere in the kitchen
- Stainless steel body and blades
- Chopping jar of poor quality
- Power switch may stop functioning
Bajaj HM 01 250-Watt Hand Mixer
This Bajaj hand blender has the ability to knead dough, a staple in most Indian homes. So, it is a blessing as it does away the need to knead dough manually. In addition, the hand mixer also whisks, beats and blends without any issue. The blender comes with a two-year warranty
You can adjust the speed; it has three modes – low, medium and high – that you can use based on the ingredients you want to process. Don’t be mistaken by the appearance of this hand blender. It is lightweight, weighing merely 1.1kg.
The hand blender comes with multiple attachments, including a dough hook for kneading and beater. The eject button allows you to remove the attachment and replace it with a single push. The 250-Watt motor is powerful and responsive. It rotates the blades fast to blend ingredients quickly, making it energy efficient.
- 250-Watt motor that is energy efficient
- Three-speed control setting
- Chromeplated dough attachment
- Two-year warranty
- Eject button for easy attachment removal
- Does not overheat with protracted usage
- Noisy operation
- The lowest level speed can be a tad bit high and hence, unsuitable for slow mixing
Boss B101 125-Watt Portable Blender
Blend fruits and veggies into shakes, purees and smoothies with the Boss B101 portable blender. The 125-Watt motor is sufficient to meet your daily mixing needs. However, the hand blender cannot help with grinding spices.
It comes with three ultra-sharp blades – whisk blade, beater blade and mincer blade. You can even churn cream to make butter and ghee. There is a stand to mount the blender on the wall. It is easy to clean.
The handle comes with an ergonomic grip and the speed button is conveniently positioned on the handle to increase or decrease speed. It has a two-speed setting. The only drawback we found is that the motor gets heated with continuous use.
- Affordably priced
- Easy to clean
- Can be mounted on the wall
- Three stainless steel detachable blades
- Two-speed setting
- Ergonomic grip
- Easy to use
- 125-Watt motor
- Motor tends to overheat with extended use
Philips HR3705/10 300-Watt Hand Mixer
This hand blender from Philips has a powerful motor of 300 Watts. It is one of the best hand mixers in the market for kneading dough for rotis, pizzas, and chapattis. You can also mix cake batter, but it may splatter a bit if you don’t mix in a deep container. It comes with 1.2m-long cord, so you need not worry if you don’t have a power outlet close to the kitchen platform.
Besides the two dough hooks, it comes with a pair of strip beaters for whisking and beating eggs, egg whites, creams and anything else you can think of. However, the strip beaters can be a bit large. That downside is offset by the durability, five-speed control setting along with a turbo setting.
It comes with a manufacturer’s warranty of two years. While this Philips hand mixer does not have an ergonomic grip, it offers value for money. It has been designed for home usage and is not a heavy-duty hand blender. Make sure you clean the hooks thoroughly to make the blender last a long time.
- Five-speed setting with a turbo speed setting as well
- Two-year warranty
- Long cord of 1.2m
- Stainless steel dough hooks and strip beaters
- Sturdy build quality
- Easy to change the attachments
- Strip beaters are a little big for small batches of mixing and blending
- Needs thorough cleaning of the attachments for longevity
- Sometimes the motor tends to heat up with extended usage
Buying Guide: Tips to Choose the Best Hand Blender
In case you intend to use the hand blender regularly, it is essential you opt for an efficient one. If you want to use it once in a way, you should focus on getting one that is affordable and functions properly. You also need to decide what you would be using the hand blender for – blending soups and sauces or mixing smoothies, cake and pizza dough or whisking cream and yoghurt.
Here are some things to consider when buying the best hand blender are as follows:
Corded or Cordless Hand Blender
In case you don’t have a power outlet in the kitchen, opt for a cordless blender. Otherwise, a corded blender is perfect. Corded blenders are more convenient, as they are portable and you can take them to outdoors. However, you should go for a corded or cordless hand blender based on your preference.
Check the wattage of the hand blender. Higher the wattage, the better results the hand blender will yield. However, if you are not particular about the wattage, opt for a blender with minimum 125-watt motor.
Blade cage refers the house of the blade. It should be designed in such a way that there is sufficient space between the blades for ingredients to get in. That is when it will blend to your liking. Don’t go for stainless steel blades if you tend to use non-stick cookware. But do remember, plastic blade cage will not be as durable as a stainless steel one.
A blender should have a minimum of two-speed setting. The higher the rotations per minute (RPM), the better will be the blending.
Weight of the Hand Blender
Make sure the blender is lightweight, so that you don’t find it tedious and tiring to hold if you are going to be using it for extended period. The weight of the hand blender should not be more than 2kgs if you are looking at ease of use.
Safety Measures and Tips to Adapt while Using a Hand Blender
- Use the hand blender at a lower speed when you are working with hot liquid. If the hot liquid spatters, you can experience some serious burns.
- Avoid using an electric blender frequently within a short period. This way, the motor keeps from overheating, preventing damage. To get a genuine warranty on your product, search for the best electric blender in India.
- If you are using an electric blender, always keep its capacity in mind. If you put extra pressure on it, the blender is most likely to burn off. The ideal use of a blender is whipping eggs, cream, and not meringue with a thick consistency.
- Immediate washing is always recommended. If you leave your blender standing after using it, the food content will harden on the blades. It can also make the wand hard. Moreover, the hardened food residue is stubborn to clean.
- When using a hand blender, keep moving the bowl within the container. Do not keep it still in one fixed spot. The continuous moving will help in blending evenly and won’t leave bits of food. For the best quality blenders, choose one from the top 10 hand blenders list.
- Always choose hand blenders for huge quantities. The head of the hand blender won’t immerse completely in the bowl of liquid and food. Choose one from the list of best hand blender for whipping cream. It is better to wait before the food content cools down. Hot ingredients are not always safe around blenders.
Frequently Asked Questions
1) Can ice be crushed using a hand blender?
The only answer is no. The hand blender, if used to crush ice, will undoubtedly get damaged.
2) Can the parts of the blender be washed in a dishwasher?
Not all brands provide a dishwasher, safe material. Before buying, you can search for the best blender in India 2020 and read the dos and don’ts given for each.
If you are unsure which is the best hand blender for your needs, use the key factors we have mentioned to select a blender. We believe the Black + Decker is the best blender for chopping, blending and whisking. You can even immerse the SS blades in hot ingredients to blend and whisk with ease. The eight different speeds along with the two-year warranty make it a definite winner.