If you are thinking of buying a thermometer, opt for an infrared thermometer. Not only can you use this thermometer to check the temperature if you or your little one has a fever, it also allows you to discern hot spots in electrical systems, monitor the effectiveness of your air conditioning in summer. You can even measure food temperature using the best infrared thermometer without worrying about contamination.
Benefits of Buying the Best Infrared Thermometer
Some of the benefits of investing in an infrared thermometer are as follows:
- Measure the temperature from a distance
- The thermometer is compact, lightweight and easy to use
- Provides accurate measurements
- Temperature reading available in both Celsius and Fahrenheit, so no worry of conversion
- Can be used for multiple applications besides measuring a fever
Here are some of the best infrared thermometers that you can buy online from the comfort of your home:
|Product||Measuring Distance||Warranty||Buy Now|
|Sahyog Wellness Multi-Function Non-Contact Body and Object Infrared Thermometer||5 to 8 cm||1 year||Check the Price|
|Dr Odin Multi-Function Non-Contact Forehead Infrared Thermometer||0.5 to 2 inches||1 year||Check the Price|
|Scure Infrared Forehead Non-Contact Thermometer||5 to 10 cm||1 year||Check the Price|
|Sh-T2 Pink Color Dual Mode Infrared Ear and Forehead Thermometer||5 to 10 cm||1 year||Check the Price|
|Dr Trust Infrared Forehead Thermometer||5 to 10 cm||2 years||Check the Price|
Top 5 Best Infrared Thermometers: A Review
Sahyog Wellness Multi-Function Non-Contact Body and Object Infrared Thermometer
This no contact thermometer has the distinction of being the best infrared thermometer as it has an ergonomic design. It can measure temperature of a human and inanimate object with relative ease. You can even measure the environment temperature. It has memory function to store up to one set of recent temperature readings.
Sahyog Wellness Multi-Function Non-Contact Body and Object Infrared Thermometer is hygienic as it does not have to come in contact with the object or body to measure the temperature. What we liked is that the power turns off automatically if you don’t use it for 60 seconds. You can measure the temperature every 15 seconds and the thermometer will sound a beep if the body temperature is higher than 37.5 deg C. The temperature display panel is easy to read, thanks to the backlight.
- Easy to use
- No contact infrared thermometer
- Can measure temperature from 0 deg to 100 deg Celsius
- Automatic turn off after 60 seconds
- Ergonomic design
- Provides prompt readings
- Accurate readings
2. Dr Odin Multi-Function Non-Contact Forehead Infrared Thermometer
Dr Odin Multi-function Non-contact Forehead Infrared Thermometer offers readings in Celsius and Fahrenheit. Switching between the two is easy. It has an LCD display with three colors, and the thermometer displays the temperature reading in a second. It can detect temperature from a distance of 0.5 to two inches, and can be used for object or body temperature detection. It has automatic switch off and memory to store up to 20 readings. The ergonomic infrared thermometer is easy to use and lightweight.
• Easy to use
• No-contact temperature reading
• Displays accurate temperature reading in a second
• Has an LCD display with three colors
• Can read in Celsius and Fahrenheit
• Ergonomic design
• Compact and lightweight
• 1 year warranty
• Can be used on human body and inanimate objects
• Can be used only on the forehead for body temperature reading
3. Scure Infrared Forehead Non-Contact Thermometer
Scure Infrared Forehead Non-Contact Thermometer comes with a big LCD screen that has three-color coded backlight. You can measure the temperature in Celsius and Fahrenheit. If the fever is high, it alerts you with a fever alarm and the backlight of the screen changes to red. You can store up to 12 results in the thermometer. It takes merely three to five seconds to read the temperature and provide accurate reading. It is user-friendly. Since it is a no-contact infrared thermometer, it is hygienic and does not require cleaning before use. It is easy to use. It shuts off in 60 seconds.
• Ergonomic design
• Hygienic as it is non-contact infrared thermometer
• 1 year warranty
• Provides reading in Celsius and Fahrenheit
• Gives of a fever alarm
• Accurate readings
• Does not require cleaning
• Take around five seconds to provide a reading which is long considering other similar thermometers do it in three seconds
4. Sh-T2 Pink Color Dual Mode Infrared Ear and Forehead Thermometer
The cute-looking Sh-T2 Pink Color Dual Mode Infrared Ear and Forehead Thermometer can be used for babies and adult. You can switch between the modes very easily. It comes with a stand to place the thermometer on. While it provides accurate reading and switches off automatically, it does not provide temperature reading in Fahrenheit. So, people, who are not used to gauging temperature in Celsius, will find it ineffective. Also, the pink color can be overpowering. It can store up to 20 readings and offers an alarm if there is fever.
• Completely non-contact infrared thermometer
• 2 years limited warranty
• Easy to use
• Can be used for babies and adults
• Stores up to 20 temperature readings
• Backlit LCD screen
• Provides reading only in Celsius
• Cannot measure temperature of objects
5. Dr Trust Infrared Forehead Thermometer
Dr Trust Infrared Forehead Thermometer has a two-color coded backlight that warns you if you or your child is running a fever. It provides reading in three seconds. It comes with one year warranty and can be used to measure temperature of the body or objects. While it is accurate compared to rectal thermometer, you can still get a variation with this thermometer. It provides readings in both Fahrenheit and Celsius. It has a fever alarm that goes off if the temperature is high. Even the backlight will change to red. You can use it to measure the temperature of a baby’s bathwater, milk and other foods. It is certified by the US FDA. It can store up to 30 readings.
• Lightweight and ergonomic design
• Easy to use
• Displays temperature in Celsius or Fahrenheit
• Automatic shut off
• 1 year warranty
• Certified by the US FDA
• Large LCD screen
• Stores up to 30 readings
• Gives an alert when there is fever
• Can be used for kids and adults
• Readings may not be that accurate
The Best Infrared Thermometer: User’s Guide
Infrared thermometers are non-contact thermometers. Many people complain of inaccurate readings when using these thermometers. However, before you buy the best infrared thermometer, it is essential you know how to use such a thermometer. While these thermometers are extremely sensitive, they get affected by external factors. This is because they do not come in contact with the body or object. Hence, learning how to use the thermometer correctly will ensure you get accurate results.
Here are some tips to help you:-
- Make sure before you use the thermometer, check the infrared sensor. It should be clean. If you notice it is dirty, use a lint-free cloth to wipe it gently.
- Never touch the infrared sensor with your fingers as you will leave behind your prints, leading to inaccurate readings.
- In case you store the thermometer where the temperature is different from the room where the patient is, wait a few minutes before using measuring the thermometer. It will help balance the thermometer’s temperature with that of the room.
- If you come from outside, wait for 10 minutes to let your body temperature become the same as the indoor temperature. Then measure it.
- Use the infrared thermometer as directed by the manufacturer.
It is also prudent to realize that all people do not have the same body temperature. Usually, infants and toddlers have high body temperature. The normal body temperature decreases with age. Here is an age-wise indication of how body temperature varies:
|Normal Temperature Based on Age|
|0-2 years||36.4 ºC - 38.0 ºC|
|3-10 years||36.1 ºC - 37.8 ºC|
|11-65 years||35.9 ºC - 37.6 ºC|
|+65||35.8 ºC - 37.5 ºC|
We feel infrared thermometers are an investment. They are non-invasive and provide accurate readings as long as you know how to use the thermometer the correct way. According to our tests, we found that Sahyog Wellness Infrared Thermometer was the best infrared thermometer available in India. You can measure temperature with relative accuracy, it comes with a one year warranty and give off an alarm when a person has a fever. It is easy to use and it shuts off automatically after 60 seconds. It is easy to read the LCD screen that has a bright backlight.