There is always an argument when it comes to choosing an inverter AC or a Non-inverter AC. Some people say that it’s a waste of money as inverter AC is a kind of expensive when compared to non-inverter AC, well it is true. But it is also true that an Inverter AC nearly consumes about half the energy, which saves a real good amount of money in electricity bills. So it is not fair to say this is good and that is bad without knowing the real facts which make these differences. In this article, we will be discussing all the details up close and end these arguments once and for all.
How does Air Conditioner Work?
The air conditioner works on the principle of refrigeration. They operate by using a coolant liquid known as a refrigerant for cooling, which cools the air in the room by converting the liquid into a gas and then back to liquid again. At first, the warm air in the room is collected. At first, the warm air in the room is collected, and then the compressor converts the refrigerant coolant liquid into a gas and pumps it to the coils in internal units.
Now the warm air which has been collected earlier is passed within these cool coils, which absorbs all the heat and replaces it with their own coolness. This process of cooling is called phase conversion. While the inside unit has a job of cooling the room, the outside unit, which has a compressor, also has a function to perform and an important one as well. It converts the gas into liquid again, which maintains the cooling efficiency of the air conditioner.
The compressor compresses the produced gas into a high pressure, which converts it back to refrigerant liquid. This process of conversion generates a lot of heat, which is disposed of by the large fans we see in air conditioners. This whole process runs in a cycle that ensures that the room temperature is cool at all times.
What is Inverter AC, and Why they are Becoming a Necessity?
The compressor has a single job, and that is to compress the gas to liquid and then to dispose of the hot air which has been generated during this process. In a regular AC, the room temperature is maintained by constantly cooling the warm air inside the room.
The compressor provides constant conversion of gas back to liquid again and again. But here’s the flaw, the compressor turns on each time before it condenses the gas to liquid and then turns off. This process goes on in a cycle, and the electricity consumption is very high each time the compressor turns on and off.
This process of turning on and off each and every time puts pressure, and the load becomes too high. This is where the inverter technology comes in, which solves this problem, inverter technology keeps the compressor on at all times. This system reduces energy consumption significantly, which not only puts less load, but it also saves quite the amount of electricity bills.
Significance of Inverter Technology
The inverter technology mostly acts as the controller of the compressor; it regulates the action of the compressor. An inverter air conditioner, the compressors speed is variable. Here the compressor flows at low speed when there is no need for it to function, and when it is required, it runs at full speed again.
In inverter ACs, all the basic cooling processes are the same. Here the thermostat inside the unit monitors the temperature of the room, which provides efficient functionality of the air conditioner. While it monitors, it keeps the compressor on standby mode. Whenever there is an increase in temperature, it basically commands the compressor to function, which maintains the temperature inside the room.
This inverter technology proves to be essential as it eliminates the constant need to turn on and off of the compressor. This technology also ensures better cooling of the room than conventional cooling. In non- inverter air conditioner, there is a slight delay in cooling as the compressor turns on every single time, which results in losing some coolness in the room.
Differences Between an Inverter AC and a Non-Inverter AC
After discussing all these working principles, you should be able to grasp how an inverter air conditioner and a non-inverter air conditioner works. This understanding is very important before making any arguments about any of them. But just to be extra sure and making it more simple we are going to dig even deeper. Hang on tight after this is over, you will not have any doubts about any of these devices, we can guarantee it.
Non-Inverter Air Conditioner
- These makes quite the noise as the compressor unit constantly needs to be turned on and off
- It can offer a certain temperature in the room
- This device is not on the energy-saving side, which can be seen easily when the electricity bill comes
- These are pocket friendly when purchasing, a standard Non-inverter air conditioner easily comes under 11-16,000 INR
- When talking about long runs, not that good of a money saver
- They come with standard air filters which offer fresh and clean air inside the room
- Non-inverter air conditioner produces (CFCs) which proves to be harmful to the environment
- They are considerably slow when it comes to cooling as it takes a bit time to cool down the room
Inverter Air Conditioners
- In these devices, there is no need for the compressor to turn on and off; Inverter air conditioners prove to be quieter as compared to non-inverter air conditioners
- It can maintain the same temperature in the room, thanks to its inverter technology
- This device is definitely on the energy-saving side as it can save up to 50% of the electricity bill
- Inverter air conditioners are a bit expensive as compared to non-inverter air conditioners
- Inverter air conditioners are suitable for the long run as they are a big money saver
- These devices come with a variety of air filters such as carbon, HEPA, blu, etc.
- They prove to be more eco-friendly as compared to non-inverter air conditioners
- These devices provide faster cooling than conventional AC
It is imperative to understand that it comes down to personal preferences. But, with the rising popularity of inverter AC, it is better to choose one. Neither less to say, at the addition of a few bucks, you can be rest assured to get a peace of mind. Along with that, as we have stated throughout the article, inverter AC is superior in every other aspect than an non-inverter one.